Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day







In honor of Earth Day, I bought Kinsley a Tea Tree. It blooms in the spring and summer, takes moderate shade and at least 6-7 hours in the sunshine, perfect for where I will put it. I would have loved to buy her a citrus tree of some kind but my wallet couldn't support that purchase. So this perfect little tea tree for $9.98 called my name. Its delicate but has an edge...meaning... its flowers are soft, small and delicate, and the leaves, or what you might call greenery, are actually gray. Gray, in my opinion, gives it the edge. :) And how perfect that Kins is delic...never mind, I was going to try and create a parallel between Kins and this tea tree. Lets just say I really like this tree and it is perfect for what I am trying to accomplish. I want to instill in Kins a love for our earth and all things in it. And I thought planting a tree in her name will allow her in the future to get excited about nature and keeping our Earth nice and beautiful.

Now I just have to wait till the hubby gets home to plant it. It will take some quality "man labor" to get this in the ground. I bet he's so thankful I bought it. Sense the sarcasm.

Here's some photos of Kins playing outside today. Have to be outside on Earth Day. I love that she bee-lines it out the door as soon as it opens. That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment